Tuesday 25 January 2011

Life is like an international translator.....

I keep thinking about language and communication and how it shapes relationships and ultimately our lives.

There are always people at school who are bursting with ideas and creativity but arent given the tools to put it on paper or find their particular form of expression. Thats an outrage in any language.

I think alot about the experiences we go through in life, the ones that are everyday and repetetive and the huge ones that make an impact on us forever.
Ive had alot of life experiences and i truely beelieve that each of those has given me the power to speak a whole new language.

I have Bi-Polar, and the language i use when talking about it can be abstract (yet always english) and many many people may not understand or even try to understand what i am trying to communicate, but my bi polar friends get it completely. its almost like relief, finding someone who can read you in the language you wish to express and a deep and personal level.
Almost like we are marked with our life experiences and we just read each other to find out if we can communicate in the same way.

I like being able to have conversations with "victims" as their peer and as someone who understands fully. I think that langguage can be used as a foundation for trust

Someone im really close to asked me today if i would swap my life for an easier ride, and was i think shocked that there is no way on this earth i would. All the stuff that has been thrown at me so far, and the things in the future, are meant to shape me. to build up my arsenal so that when the time comes, i can stand up and fight for those who communicate with me in the same way. I am not letting anyone jump ship on my watch because every human life is beautiful and every person deserves to know love and security and to feel protected. I think im a woman on a missson!

No comments:

Post a Comment